Saturday, August 22, 2009

Where I'm at in the journey

I wrote a story about Chervil, a sandollar, and decided that I loved the idea and message. It was the kind of story I wanted to be able to read to my grandchildren.
I decided to ask someone who had done it, hence my links to Joyce Sandilands. I had actually purchased several books from Robert Whittle, her husband. She was very helpful and sent me many links to resources. I have read some of them, but not all.
I knew I needed an illustrator and began to ask around for anyone that may have known an illustrator and got a few tips, but no real solid leads.

What I discovered or have heard is that I need to have an illustrator if I self publish,,,which is what Joyce has done, in Canada.
OR
If I find an agent, they can hook me up with an illustrator.

So in preparation for trying to find an agent, I laid out the book in the format I wanted, added the text to describe the type of illustration I wanted on each page and then sent it out for feedback to friends and colleagues.
I have received a great amount of feedback and loved every bit of it....that's where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment